Classes required for DCA / UCC licensing will start in February 2023, but only if there are enough students to run a class. Call the number below if you are interested in continuing your education for licensure by the State of New Jersey as code officials.
Steps Toward Licensing
- Sub-Code Official (Administrative)
- Construction Code Official (Administrative)
- RCS – Residential Commercial Structures (Building Inspector licensure)
- ICS – Industrial Commercial Structures
- HHS – Hazardous High-rise Structures
Attendance requirements are mandated for each course by the state; however, attendance does not ensure licensing. Prerequisites for all courses will be enforced by the Licensing Bureau, New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs.
For information on how to take the national tests or apply for your NJ license, contact the New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs, Bureau of Construction Code Services by calling (609) 984-7834.
• The New Jersey State Department of Community Affairs currently offers students a 100% reimbursement of the tuition for qualified applicants. If you have any questions about qualifying for any of these courses, then you must talk to the Department of Community Affairs before you register! There are no refunds once classes are started.
Please register early. For more information, please call (201) 447-7488. You can register over the phone!